4 cups of uncooked Jasmine Rice
Chicken stock; enough to cover the rice
1 Tablespoon finely chopped ginger
1 Tablespoon sesame oil
1. Put the rice into your pot or rice cooker. Wash and rinse it as you usually would.
2. Add the ginger and sesame oil into the wet rice and mix well. You can use whatever technique and/or utensil yo like but I like to massage the ginger and oil into the rice. Make sure the rice is spread out evenly and flat on the top so it cooks evenly.
3. Add the chicken stock. Make sure it covers the rice entirely so that there is about an 1 – 1 1/4 inches from the surface of the chicken stock to the top of rice. You can use your middle finger to measure the distance, which should be just a little deeper than the first knuckle.
4. Cook the rice as you normally would (boiled cover until the liquid is almost gone then cook with the lid slightly off the pot or until your rice cooker pops or dings).
5. Serve with your favourite meat, fish or vegetable.